Revenue and productivity are key determiners for any business and if either shows signs of falling, urgent measures are needed to reverse the slide. Offering training to employees whether simply consolidating existing knowledge or broadening horizons through new disciplines, can serve to empower and engage, in turn revitalising performance and aid productivity within the organisation.
There are many ways that training can have an impact within an team environment –
- Improves morale – Training helps the employee to get job security and job satisfaction. The more satisfied the employees are and the greater their morale, the more they will contribute to organisational success and absenteeism and turnover will be affected positively
- Decreased supervision – A well trained employee will be well acquainted with the job and will need less supervision. Thus, there will be less wastage of time and efforts
- Fewer accidents – Errors are likely to occur if employees lack knowledge and skills required for doing specific jobs. The more trained an employee is, accidents decrease and the more proficient they become
- Chances of promotion – Employees acquire skills and efficiency during training. They become more eligible for promotion and a greater asset to the organisation
- Increased productivity – Training improves efficiency, and aid productivity of employees. Well trained employees show both quantity and quality performance. There is less wastage of time, money and resources if employees are properly trained.
Highlight career progression
Continuing education for employees is essential in any successful business. It is important for people to keep up to date with policies and procedures or to learn about areas that will help them in their current job whilst also offering hope for further career progression in the future. It also offers employers the opportunity to assess employees too. The more switched on workers will look at training positively, as an opportunity and a highly regarded company benefit. They will buy in to the ethos of company training and understand that it will most likely make their life easier or more enjoyable. They appreciate being valued by the company due to the investment of time and money into their development.
Make training regular and structured
However, although one-off training will no doubt have a positive effect, it’s generally something that needs to done regularly. The most effective leaders are always looking to enhance their knowledge and consistently challenge their skills base. Enabling this kind of development in a structured way provides the best benefit to a business. Regular and structured training will also serve to create a culture of development within the organisation. Staff begin to function as a team more effectively and can sense growth within the business more keenly. There will also be the feeling of the company moving forward towards a common goal. It’s no coincidence that many of the largest and most successful companies across the globe are quick to inject great effort and financial resource to engender a development culture into their operations.
A false economy
So, in times of economic downturn it can be all too easy to view training as one of the first areas to cut. But, to retain employees and keep productivity up, it might make sense to rethink that position. Leading edge companies continue to invest in training and development and will come out far ahead of those other businesses whose only management strategy is to cut, slash and burn.
Lanonyx Call Recording and Call Logging software can provide exceptional training tools for your team, so why not contact us, or give us a call on 0333 0022 440, and see how we can help you aid productivity and performance within your organisation.