Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is a communications methodology proving extremely popular for a large number of businesses. VoIP allows for the delivery of voice communications over the internet and other Internet Protocol (IP) networks. Corporate use of VoIP is on the rise due to the many benefits it offers beyond more traditional methods.
Benefits of Voice over Internet Protocol
Some of the benefits of Voice over Internet Protocol influencing increased corporate use include –
- Reduced costs – Bandwidth efficiency and the lower costs offered by this type of communication as opposed to tradition copper-wire systems makes VoIP an extremely attractive proposition.
- Integration of communication methods – For many businesses communication takes many different forms. Phone calls, email, web conferencing, fax and voice mails are all modern ways of talking to your customers. VoIP helps to integrate all the different methods of communication and also manages them discreetly.
- Take VoIP with you! Incoming calls are automatically routed to your VoIP phone whatever network you’re connected to. Take your phone with you on a trip and you can easily access your incoming calls. For call centre staff it means that they can work remotely from the main office as long as there is a good Internet connection.
- A single network – VoIP allows for both voice and data interactions to be run across a single network. The result is a decrease in infrastructure costs but no decrease in quality or functionality.
- User friendly – Devices using VoIP generally have simple, intuitive user interfaces often leading to the use of single, rather than multiple devices. Fewer devices also mean that maintenance becomes both simpler and cheaper.
Voice over Internet Protocol and Call Logging Software
Although many businesses recognise the benefits of switching to VoIP, some are finding that their existing provider does not allow connection to an external call logging system. The problem exists when the back end of the phone system is shared, meaning that calls cannot be filtered. Lanonyx’s telestat
Call Logging software is able to link to our hosted Voce over Internet Protocol platform that allows end users to only see the calls you want them to see.
The flexibility offered by VoIP is important for many businesses but it can also bring about other potential issues. Telephone call logging software gives your company the benefit of knowing exactly who called, what time they called and how long the connection lasted. Not only can call logging and call recording software help you determine if your representative handled the call appropriately but you can better assess if the customer was satisfied with the outcome.
As working hours and arrangements become increasingly more flexible, the ability to integrate a system such as call logging with something such Voice over Internet Protocol is an invaluable asset.
For more information on how to sense check your call recording system or for anything call recording or call logging related, please give us a call on 0333 0022 440 or contact us, and one of our friendly team will be here to help.